Santiago Faces a Loss Against Corona Baseball

Sarah Alcoser, Staff Writer

The battle of high school baseball was underway this Thursday between Corona and Santiago. The game was head to head, as our very own pitcher Tyler Frazier (Jr.) swiftly and consistently struck out the opposing team. However, it wasn’t until the third inning did Corona make its way on the scoreboard as Corona’s Brendan Beck (Sr.) got the first run and Isaiah Greene (Fr.) stole third and made his way to home, bringing the score to 2-0.
Outfield, consisting of Casey Dykstra (Sr.), Sam Zamarippa (Sr.), and Cole Cummings (Sr.), managed to hold down the fort as Corona attempted to push on. Once again Corona’s Mateao Alvarado (Sr.) scored another run at the top of the sixth, leaving the score at 3-0. The next pitcher, Alex Benter (Jr.) finished the game, easily striking out each player in the seventh inning, however, the team sadly took the loss once the boys had reached their third out.
As Santiago’s team currently stands with 6 wins and 4 losses, the boys, under the leadership provided by Coach De Trinidad, are assured to overcome this defeat with a stronger sense of teamwork and sportsmanship. The boys will continue on, as their next game will be away at Martin Luther King High School on March 31st. With their dedication to baseball, the boys will shine on the rest of this season and in their future seasons. Until the next game, Go Sharks and boys, keep making Santiago proud!