WON Life: Death, Recovery, and Back To The Game

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/damar-hamlin-has-shown-remarkable-improvement-over-last-24-hours-per-physicians

Until now, the question remained whether or not Damar Hamlin would return to the NFL. Damar Hamlin, a 25-year-old safety for the Buffalo Bills, suffered a cardiac arrest when facing the Cincinnati Bengals last season. Damar was hit in the chest with the helmet of Tee Higgins, who was running the ball during a play in the first quarter. Damar, who had dragged Higgens to the ground, was able to get himself up but seconds later collapsed. The hit had been the cause of Damar’s cardiac arrest on the field. Trainers were on the field for about 9 minutes attempting CPR while bringing EMS out. Damar was taken to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center immediately to be treated. Both of the team’s head coaches decided to postpone the game. Damar’s return was kind of hard because a lot of people wanted to know how his recovery was. When Dmar returned, he was in an interview.

A few days after Damar had a cardiac arrest, he was able to breathe on his own. In the following days, when the Bills had a game in New York, all teams wore a shirt with Damar’s name and number. They also had Damar Hamlin flags with his number posted on them. The Medic who helped Damar on the field was honored at the game. When playing the New England Patriots, on the first play, the Bills intercepted the ball and scored a touchdown. The whole stadium was going wild, booming with excitement. Damar watched the entire game in the hospital with his family. The Buffalo Bills won with a score of 35-23. Damar Hamlin was released from the hospital and transferred from the University of Cincinnati Medical Center to Buffalo General Hospital. The Buffalo Bills head coach said the team has grown since Damar Hamlin’s on-field cardiac arrest. Damar Hamlin had been recovering faster than the doctors suspected. While Damar was back in the Buffalo, NY hospital, he made a tweet that said, ” The same love you all have shown me is the same love that I plan to put back into the world in more.” He was discharged from the hospital on January 9, 2023.Damar Hamlin injury update: The NFL response shows the league isn't built for this.

When Damar was released, everyone questioned if he would play in the NFL. When Damar was removed from the hospital, he participated in the off-season workouts. Damar did not play for the rest of the season. When the new season came, Damar could return to the field in week two. Everyone in the NFL was glad Damar had been born to play for the Buffalo Bills. Damar was cleared to play in April. Damar was a little nervous returning to the field and playing for the first in months. Damar is planning to play all season. Damar has excellent support and love from all the fans, and he has a team that will support him no matter what. Damar is hoping to have a great season. His health is doing great, and he is performing well this season so far with the team. His team is beyond grateful to have him back.

It’s football season again. Damar is back on the field and is grateful to play another season with the Buffalo Bills. The Buffalo Bills are happy to have him back on the field. One of his famous quotes is, “I have a long journey ahead, a journey full of unknowns and milestones, but it’s a lot easier to face your fears when you know your purpose.”