Hip Hop Senior Night : Pink Out Edition

As the Football Halftime show season ends, I wanted to get some insight from some of my teammates about how they felt about the end of an era that has been a big part of our lives. Here are a couple of questions that I asked them.

What’s been your favorite performance of the season so far?

Skylar Clark (12): “Honestly, I’m tied between Homecoming and Pink Out because I loved learning Richards’s piece. It was intricate and made me feel like I was performing at the Super Bowl. However, I also loved Pink Out because it was a very empowering dance, and I got to express my feminine side.” 

Samantha Kasbar (12) says, “My favorite performance was probably homecoming because the songs were fun and different, plus we were biker girls! Homecoming is always my favorite because everyone hypes us up, and the vibes are great all around!”

Jasmyn Ramos (12): “The first game was my favorite. It was the perfect way to start the season!”

I would have to say homecoming because the experience of being on the court and sharing that moment while performing with my team is a memory I’ll never forget. 

What are you going to miss the most about Hip hop?

This is so simple, but I will miss the beginning of the practice stretch session because, as a team, we vibe to music as we prepare to handle business for the day. As captain, it is also a way to calm myself after a long school day and get in a suitable mental space to run practice.

Jasmyn Ramos (12) says, “My teammates and all of us bonding while getting ready before the game; we eat, listen to music, and do each other’s hair and makeup. This process plays a big part in performance day.”

Samantha Kasbar (12): “I’m going to miss getting ready together and team dinners before the game. I will also miss my bond with my teammates the most; the day I dance with them for the last time, I know I will be bawling my eyes out.”

Skyler Clark (12) says, “I’ll miss being around people I like dancing with. Coming to the dance room daily feels like a space to express myself and be surrounded by people who support me.” 

What do you plan on doing after Graduation?

Jasmyn Ramos (12): “I would like to attend a 4-year University and Major in Business.”

Skyler Clark (12): “As much as I love to dance, I’m not sure if it’s something I want to continue. I’m stuck between continuing with it or ending that chapter in my life. After Graduation, I plan on hopefully going to college out of state and getting the opportunity to be a part of a majorette team. That would be a dream come true! If you didn’t notice, we all have in common that whatever we decide to do in life, dance will always be a big part of it, and when you join this team, you are not just joining an organization or club. It’s a sisterhood, and the memories we made during our four years together will forever bond us for life.