The Yemeni Problem
The Yemeni Problem
Kingston Holcomb, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Jaden Meyer, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
NorthWood Space website
TV Actress now a Tech CEO
Anthony Perez, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024

Top 10 Things To Do This Summer

Students at Santiago are down to the last weeks of the 2023-2024 school year. Some may think that a month and a half is still quite a bit of time, not realizing that these last days will go by very fast. The reality is that summer break is incredibly soon and before you know it, you will hear the last bell of this year ring. While you shouldn’t get too ahead of yourself since there are still things to be done, it is still a relaxing thought worth keeping in mind. Start your planning now so that way you can live your break to the fullest. With that being said, here are your top 10 things to do this summer!

1. Journaling

I may be biased since I work in journalism, but simply writing down your summer experience in a journal or notebook is a nice thing to reflect on in the future. Writing down your thoughts and feelings on your break festivities can create a sense of excitement and joy. Summer is all about making memories, so why not write down the details?

1. Grow a Plant

Even though summer is very hot in California, it’s not impossible to grow a plant. Growing a plant can become a personal thing. You may not have the patience to do it, but the results are worth it. You can track your plant’s growth from the start of summer to the end of it. 

1. Drive-in Movie Theater

Drive-in movie theaters are not as popular as they used to be. However, going to one at least one time with friends or family is something sweet to enjoy and remember. 

1. Make Slime with Your Friends

For some people, slime is therapeutic. It’s easy to make and entertaining to play with. There are several varieties of slime but even the most basic recipe of glue and borax can be the best form of entertainment. 

1. Paint Rocks/Tote bags

Keep your creativity thriving this summer by painting smooth stones or tote bags. You can customize your charm with different colors or patterns in these art pieces. The key is to just have fun with it.

1. Roller Skating

Even if you have zero experience with roller skating, it could still be a funny first-time trip to a roller skating rink with your friends. 

1. Visit a Flower Field

Not only is a flower field an incredibly stunning sight to see, but it also makes for beautiful pictures.  

Any time of day, you can get aesthetically pleasing photos to show off on your socials. 

1. Digital Cameras

You can document your summer trips on a digital camera. They are pretty affordable compared to actual professional cameras that can cost thousands of dollars. 

1. Go to Playground at Night

Playgrounds at night have a vibe you can’t recreate during the daytime. Going with your friends is a nice way to let loose and enjoy being kids.

1. Theme/Water Parks

Theme parks can thrill you with all sorts of rollercoasters and rides. Since that may not be for everyone, water parks have a little something for whatever your preference may be. With relaxing parts like lazy rivers or exciting parts like tall slides, you can’t go wrong with a waterpark.