Inside Shark TV

Zion Igwe, Staff Writer

Although most students- as well as administrative staff, may be familiar with the exquisite works of Shark TV and Video Production, only a certain amount of the school’s collective population understands how arduous it truly is just to film and produce one video at a time. For those who are unfamiliar with this course, Shark TV and Video Production consists of numerous artistic individuals who are fervently driven to entertain as well as creatively inform the students on campus of local and on-campus events. They constantly provide friendly reminders of vital dates to students in order to ensure the collective success of the school’s population. This group of brilliant individuals display their masterpieces across the television screens within each class on campus and also post their videos on YouTube for those that missed an episode of The Bite (the web-series title of the previously mentioned videos). Recently, they allowed us to interview two of their most hard-working students which enabled us to acquire a more in-depth understanding of what it takes to be a part of this course.

Meet Quinn Ambruster, a senior at Santiago High. Ambruster is commonly renounced as the facilitator of Shark TV due to the fact that he is constantly providing the other producers and recorders with suggestions as well as other ways to improve each of their videos/scripts. Ambruster is officially known as the main producer of Shark TV and instructs other students on how to adequately edit their videos in order to completely encapsulate their audience’s attention. In order to successfully execute his job, Quinn must have a lot of dedication to a given video/idea and demonstrate more perseverance than his peers in order to maintain his roles in the course. Ambruster claims that all of the difficulties with producing perfect videos can easily entail frustration due to the fact that the video production process is very tedious and time-consuming. To add on to all of his work with just this one class, he has to organize meetings and undergo multiple drafting processes in order to get one step closer to the final cut of the video.

Meet Chase Sanducci, another senior at Santiago High. He is both an actor as well as a filmer for Shark TV; however, he primarily acts on The Bite and basically films on an as needed basis. Sanducci claims that all that it truly takes to act to perfection is constantly remaining in character and approaching each scene with a clear mindset. Once Sanducci is on set, he prefers to think in the way that his assigned role would think in order to execute a perfect performance. The most difficult part of acting, in Chase’s words, “is actually being the assigned character due to the fact that it truly is arduous when you have to portray yourself in a contrasting form of conduct than what you would typically demonstrate yourself as”. When Sanducci films, he strictly merges all of the provided suggestions into one final product which takes hours on end in order to receive a proper final result. Filming also requires numerous meetings and drafting processes.

Overall, being a part of Shark TV is a comprehensive tedious process due to the fact that it’s arduous to properly conduct and distribute relevant information within convenient time frame. Courses like this truly deem themselves to be beneficial since it opens students up to new forms of creativity and provides a more diverse and intellectual environment that paramounts over most recreational courses that only provide students with busy work.