SAG Awards 2024 Recap
SAG Awards 2024 Recap
Breanne Soto, News Editor and Publicist • May 10, 2024
Jojo ditches the bow
Jojo ditches the bow
Why is Cheating so Normalized Now?
Why is Cheating so Normalized Now?
Kendra Darcy, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024
Movie lovers, Tom & Summer (500 Days of Summer)
Movies Coming in 2024
Lucy Phillips, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024
Ramadan Through a Teen’s Eyes
Ramadan Through a Teen’s Eyes
Rabia Siddiqui, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024

Senior Dinner Dance

May 17, 2014 the seniors geared up for the Hawaiian-themed Senior Dinner Dance in the Santiago gym. By 6:40 p.m. seniors already were anxiously waiting at the gym doors, and were all filled with anticipation and excitement.

By 7:00 p.m. the doors opened and the halls of the gym filled with students. At the doors, staff members were waiting to check in the seniors and gave them a schedule of the events that happened throughout the night.

Inside the gym there were purple and green tables set up on both sides of the gym with a decorative watermelon shaped like a shark at the center of each table. The gym was filled with lively chatter and complements about the decorations and outfits. At 7:30 p.m. dinner was offered at the far end of the gym.

The seniors were offered a variety of choices for dinner and drinks; each student grabbed lots of food and hurried back to their seats to enjoy the Hawaiian BBQ food. Behind the gym there was a snow cone machine that offered free snow cones with different flavors for attendees to pick from.

“I’m never going to forget this night, it was really fun and the food was so good. I loved it,” stated Bradley Duncan (12).

As the students began to finish their food, the DJ started up with the music. Slowly, people filled the dance floor and danced the night away with their friends. As the music played dessert was served at the back. In the back corner of the gym, a photo booth was set up with a cart of fun, goofy things for the seniors to have in their photos. The night came to an end, people began to leave and say their goodbyes, laughing about the night and the fun memories they created.

“My favorite part was the photo booth and the dancing. It was a fun time with my friends and the best way to end the year,” commented Alyssia Prieto (12).

“It was such a fun night! I had a complete blast; I wish the night never had to come to an end,” remarked senior Alyssa Radkay.