Welcome to the Freak Show

Santiago’s 2018 Spring Rally

Gabby Puerner, Writer

Inspired by the hit show “American Horror Story”, Santiago had their own take on the unusual world of a freak show. The most recent rally introduced the spring sports, and captains or seniors on the team were able to introduce themselves. These sports include boys volleyball, swim, lacrosse, baseball, softball, boys tennis, boys golf, and wrestling. Mr.Mitchell, the athletic director, gave out the “athlete of the year” award to wrestler Josh Kim (12) and softball player Brittany Allen (12).

The rally also featured acts including our amazing cheer, dance, and hip hop team. The acrobats, or cheerleaders, put on a great performance, especially varsity cheer. Hip-hop and dance did not fail to impress the crowd with their creative and entertaining routines.

There was a surprise performance from a woman and her two dogs. The duo’s performed tricks including frisbees that had the crowd’s mouths dropping. The well-known group, the Black Sea Men, also revealed themselves to the crowd, although, admittedly, this was a disappointing reveal as the crowd did not show much interest in this reveal. Better luck next time Black Sea Men!

We can not forget to thank our wonderful ASB that works tirelessly on the set up for our rallies. These students stay up late the night before and arrive again early in the morning to set up all of the wonderful decorations you see. Class committees also take part in this setup and work their hardest on creative posters so that their section will look the best. The seniors class beat the junior class during their last class cheers. This rally sure was a freaky one we will never forget!