Mac Miller Dies at 26

Robbie Loya, Staff Writer

On September 7th, 2018, Malcolm James McCormick, professionally know as Mac Miller died at the age of 26. Miller was famously known as an American rapper and a record producer and was largely respected in the rap industry. According to Rolling Stone, “the County of Los Angeles Medical Examiner said in a statement that in the late morning of September 7th, Mac Miller was found unresponsive in his home located in the 11600 block of Valley Crest Drive in Studio City due to an apparent overdose.”

The revelation of Mac Miller’s death shook the rap community, as Miller was still at the prime of his youth and was widely influential. Chance the Rapper tweeted his condolences, “beyond helping me launch my career he was one of the sweetest guys I have ever known. Great man. I love him. I’m completely broken.” Post Malone told TMZ that “he was a great guy, he inspired me to sing, and knowing that I will never see him again hurts.”

Throughout his career, Miller publicly struggled with substance abuse. In May of this year, he was arrested for a DUI. In an interview with Billboard, he admitted that he had been doing drugs since he was ten years old.  Additionally, his substance abuse put a strain on his relationship with Ariana Grande, which allegedly was the cause of the end of their relationship. According to People Magazine, Grande is “distraught and can’t believe he is gone.”

Miller’s family has stated to E! News that “he was a bright light in this world for his family, friends, and fans.” In his career, he discussed his struggles and shared his stories through the music that he devoted his life to. His iconic work has brought joy into the lives of many, and it will continue to do so. Mac Miller was a charismatic and outgoing public figure, and his tragic death will be mourned by people all around the world.

About the Writer
Robbie Loya, Staff Writer

Robbie Loya (12) is currently a senior at Santiago High School who enjoys playing baseball and enjoys being part of The Bite T.V. Crew. Robbie’s favorite baseball team is the Los Angeles Angels and currently broadcasts sports for Santiago High School as well as being the Public Address announcer for Santiago’s girls basketball team.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Mac Miller Dies at 26”

1. Kylie Cortez on October 10th, 2018 10:10 pm

Robbie Loya, I enjoyed this article, also relatively because I enjoyed Mac Miller. Thank you for taking your time and representing him in a positive light.

2. Jacob Garcia on October 18th, 2018 1:49 pm

I found your article very realistic and sentimental considering we lost a very great artist that inspired many to do what he is doing as well.

3. Cody Vadeboncoeur on October 18th, 2018 2:26 pm

RIP Mac Miller. He’s a legend.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

Preparing for Hurricane Florence

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

MLB Wild Card Games

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

Indonesian Earthquake and Tsunami Catastrophe

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

The Cure for Paralysis?

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

Pluto IS a Planet?

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

Homecoming 2018: A Night That Refused to Grow Up

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

Russian 2018 Vostok War Games

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

The Fight Against Cancer: Recent Developments and Statistics

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

The Life and Times of Burt Reynolds

• Mac Miller Dies at 26

News

The Aftermath of Hurricane Florence

Mac Miller Dies at 26