Netflix Halloween Additions

Jocelynn Veliz, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again! It’s October, which means that Netflix has added some old and modern spooky movies. Everyone is ready for the cold weather and pumpkin spice lattes, so we might as well get in the mood with some Halloween movies.

There are over 25 movies that were added by Netflix for October, but these are the most known. This includes The Shining (1980), The Babadook (2014), Coraline (2009), The Conjuring (2013), and The Cult of Chucky (2017). These movies are among the most recent to be added to Netflix’s wide range of movies.

The Shining (1980) is based on Stephen King’s thriller novel of the same title. The setting of the movie is a haunted hotel filled with supernatural residents who make a family’s stay not-so-nice. Many fans were ecstatic when the movie was added back because Netflix had removed it earlier in 2018.

The Babadook (2014) is a movie in which a mother starts noticing her young son’s weird behavior. The mother blamed a book that her son was reading. Both the mother and the son finally start to realize that the main character may or may not be fictional. Most viewers know the character as a representative of the LGBTQ+ community, which is iconic. The movie itself is great!

Coraline (2007) follows the adventure of a young girl as she travels to her “perfect” world until she realizes that it is not as perfect as she thinks. Many are excited to have this classic animated film back.

The Conjuring (2013) is based on a family’s paranormal experience in their household and how they deal with it. Although this movie is not the scariest, it is still a must-watch spooky movie for the month of October.

The Cult of Chucky (2017) is about the infamous Chucky doll. In this movie, Chucky comes back with a new family and an idea to terrorize. This is a perfect movie to watch on Halloween!

These movies along with many others are the perfect movies to start the Halloween season. Enjoy these movies and spooky time while they last!

About the Writer
Jocelynn Veliz, Staff Writer

Jocelynn Veliz (9) is in her first year of high school and journalism! She enjoys writing reviews on movies and music . Her favorite music genres are kpop...

1 Comment

One Response to “Netflix Halloween Additions”

1. Erin Yaney on October 31st, 2018 6:47 pm

These are great! I am an avid horror film watcher, so these classics have been added to my list. Thanks for the amazing article!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Nostalgia on Video Games

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Archenemies by Marissa Meyer

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

X-Men: The Dark Phoenix

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Must-Watch Halloween Movies of 2018

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Activities for the Fall Season

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Is Michael Buble Retiring from Music?

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Suncity: Khalid’s New EP

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Blink-182: “Kings of the Weekend” or Concert Delays?

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

Banksy’s Shredded Masterpiece

• Netflix Halloween Additions

A&E

‘Venom’ Review: An Antihero Movie Without a Sting *SPOILER-FREE*

Netflix Halloween Additions