Highlights of the 2024 Oscar’s

The 96th Academy Awards has concluded. 

Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel, people have winced, laughed, and sobbed, but we’ve listed the most memorable moments from the Oscars ceremony, in case you missed any or all of the big night. These moments included Da’Vine Joy Randolp’s moving acceptance speech to John Cena’s glimpse of nudity for the elegantly attired crowd. 

Here are more of the Oscar’s best (and worst) moments from 2024: 

Emma Stone defeats Lily Gladstone for Best Actress, looking shocked and unkempt (she even tears her Louis Vuitton dress) 

After realizing she had won the Best Actress Award for “Poor Things,” Emma Stone was a hilarious hot mess as she hurried to the stage and grabbed at her back. Indeed, there was a gap in her pale green dress. “It is about a team that came together to become greater than the sum of its parts, which is the best part of making movies,” she added about the award.

Ryan Gosling gives a fantastic performance of “I’m Just Ken” (With Slash!) 

Who would have thought that a Ken doll would receive a standing ovation at the Oscars after that performance? 

The crowd was sent into a frenzy by “Barbie” star and supporting actor Ryan Gosling’s cheerful performance of “I’m Just Ken,” one of the night’s best song nominees. Gosling, who sang the song alongside co-writer Mark Ronson, began their performance in the crowd before going on stage to deliver a Busby Berkeley-worthy musical romp. The performance got going when Slash, dressed in black leather, delivered a ferocious guitar solo. 

Jimmy Kimmel, the host, makes fun of Robert Downey Jr.’s prior drug use in an attempt to poke fun at him 

Kimmel kept the program running well, although early in the evening, he appeared to annoy the nominee and eventual best-supporting actor winner, Robert Downey Jr., by making a joke about the actor’s history with drugs. “This is the highest point of Robert Downey Jr.’s long and illustrious career,” as Downey gestured to his nose, Kimmel remarked, “Well, one of the highest points.” “Was it too on the nose, or was that a drug motion you made?” At that point, Downey was seen miming, “Let’s move on.” 

Unexpectedly! The talk of the Oscars red carpet was Vanessa Hudgens’ pregnancy announcement

Before the ceremony began, co-host of ABC’s Oscar pre-show telecast Vanessa Hudgens’ very public pregnancy caused quite a stir on the red carpet in addition to the flashy movie stars. 

“I clearly have a lot to be excited for,” she stated as the show began, gesturing to the center of her black Vera Wang dress. Several celebrities congratulated her on the exciting news, even though she didn’t discuss her impending motherhood with them during the interviews. 

A hilarious ‘Barbenheimer’ smackdown between Emily Blunt (Oppenheimer) and Ryan Gosling (Barbie) 

Nobody anticipated that things would turn into a cheeky catfight when Emily Blunt and Ryan Gosling strode onto the stage to perform a montage honoring stuntman and stuntwoman. The actors who starred in the year’s biggest films, “Oppenheimer” and “Barbie,” respectively, began faking jealousy toward one another. Gosling claimed that the “Barbenheimer” phenomenon wasn’t named “Oppenbarbie” for nothing, claiming that “you’ve been riding Barbie’s coattails all summer.” Blunt glared at Gosling. “Thanks for Ken-splaining that to me, Mr. ‘I need to paint my abs on to get nominated.’ You don’t see Robert Downey doing that!” Some of the best acting came from that.

John Cena presenting an Oscar while nude

The Oscars were infamously interrupted fifty years ago when a streaker upstaged star David Niven. Kimmel brought up that momentous occasion and appeared to be inciting a recurrence. When nothing happened, he went to the wings and gave the actor and former wrestler John Cena a hard time because he was supposed to be streaking across the stage. 

“I’ve changed my mind,” Cena objected. “The male body is not a joke.” Nevertheless, Cena was embarrassed by Kimmel into performing, and he crab-walked sideways across the stage with a big envelope apparently covering his privates. Before presenting “Poor Things” with the best costume award, Cena declared, “Costumes are really important.” 

The complete list of winners: 

Best Supporting Actress: Da’Vine Joy Randolph, “The Holdovers”

Best Animated Short: “War Is Over!”

Best Animated Feature: “The Boy and the Heron”

Best Original Screenplay: “Anatomy of a Fall”

Best Adapted Screenplay: “American Fiction”

Best Makeup and Hairstyling: “Poor Things”

Best Production Design: “Poor Things”

Best Costume Design: “Poor Things”

Best International Feature: “The Zone of Interest”

Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey Jr., “Oppenheimer”

Best Visual Effects: “Godzilla Minus One”

Best Film Editing: “Oppenheimer”

Best: Documentary (Short Subject): “The Last Repair Shop”

Best Documentary Feature: “20 Days in Mariupol”

Best Cinematography: “Oppenheimer”

Best Short Film (Live Action): “The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar”

Best Sound: “The Zone of Interest”

Best Score: “Oppenheimer”

Best Song: “What Was I Made For?” from “Barbie”

Best Actor: Cillian Murphy, “Oppenheimer”

Best Director: Christopher Nolan, “Oppenheimer”

Best Actress: Emma Stone, “Poor Things”

Best Picture: “Oppenheimer”