Hunter Biden’s Felony Gun Charges

Hunter Biden, son of President Joe Biden, is facing three harsh gun charges. His original plan was to take the guilty plea to make the charges go away, but things didn’t go quite as planned, and now he will have to face the consequences coming his way. Due to his unpleasant actions, he could face up to 10 years in prison.  

Hunter Biden’s Drug Background

To give some insight into Hunter Biden’s addiction background, he has had a long-term drug addiction to crack cocaine. But that is not where it started; it was alcohol and smoking when he was in high school and continued into his early twenties, but this is not where it stopped. As the years passed, it progressively worsened, and he started using crack cocaine. His use of crack cocaine has been something that he has struggled with for some time now. He has been relatively open about his addiction( but not with everyone). He has attempted to get clean through multiple rehabs, but after the many attempts he has made, he always seems to relapse into this occurring problem that has been going on for over two decades; he can’t seem to stay clean for good which is now affecting him due to his actions. 

Hunter Bidens Three Felony Gun Charges

So now, to get into the charges that Hunter Biden is being accused of, there are three charges related to Hunter making false statements on a federal form and illegal transactions of firearms. The first charge Hunter faces is false statements in purchasing a gun. This is because the law states that if you are an active substance user, you are prohibited from owning a firearm or purchasing while using illegal substances.

The second charge he faces is “False Statements to Acquire a Firearm.” This is when you know what you tell the licensed dealer false information. At the time, Hunter was very open about the fact that he was starting to relapse into his crack cocaine addiction, and he still chose to make false statements while applying for a gun. The third charge would be possession of a firearm by a person who is an unlawful user or addict. Hunter Biden’s original plan was to take a guilty plea not precisely for the gun charges but for the tax violations. His request was going to be on his two misdemeanors on tax violations because he failed “to pay more than $100,000 in taxes from over $1.5 million in income in both 2017 and 2018 and had been expected to plead guilty Wednesday after he agreed with prosecutors, who were planning to recommend two years of probation.” This didn’t go quite as planned; the judge did not seem to agree with these plea charges, and now, instead of Hunter’s original plan to have taken the plea and only serve two years of probation, the consequences of his actions cost way more than two years, as of right now he can face up to 10 years in prison.

1
View Comments (1)
$500
$600