$113 billion: where the US investment Ukraine aid has gone

Joe Biden declared his unwavering support for Ukraine in its fight against Russia, and the political struggle of the United States is threatening the aid fund. The Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, received the aid and found himself with few open arms from the Republican leaders in Capitol Hill.

Now that Congress has pledged millions in aid to Ukraine, McCarthy questions how accountability and funding will affect him.

US aid to Ukraine is already the most discussed topic in the Capitol since the United States is running out of funds and could affect the country’s economy, which could be challenging to recover.

The Russo-Ukrainian War | The British Academy
The Russo-Ukrainian War

In August, they are asking for a broader request for aid in cases of all the disasters left by the war. The White House is asking to approve another 24,000 million dollars to support Ukraine. The money could help Ukraine in many ways and rebuild Ukraine’s Pentagon.

The aid that Ukraine is receiving was approved before the Republicans took over, so they do not take control since the Biden administration has been spending on refunds for months.

The United States is the first country to give a lot of support to Ukraine than another country; the amount that the United States has offered to Ukraine impacts other countries with everything that the United States has contributed; nevertheless, since the United States is the wealthiest country, man could have contributed a more significant amount.

Until now, Congress has approved an amount of 113 billion dollars towards aid to Ukraine since all Departments made their budget on the money they would contribute to Ukraine.

The aid that the United States provided to Ukraine is intended directly for the Ukrainian army since the United States spent around 43 billion dollars so that Ukraine can increase its security and, thus the protection of Ukrainian citizens. The United States had helped Ukraine and contributed 46 billion dollars since 2014, when Russia took over part of Ukraine for the first time.

Russia-Ukraine Timeline: A Year at War

The United States, the aid that it donated to Ukraine was a good investment since Ukraine was helped a lot by the help of the United States. Ukraine was able to defend itself against the attack of Russia and that it was able to recover territory that was in the hands of Russia For Ukraine it was slow progress, but so Ukraine is making more progress with the support they are giving it.

For many in many surveys that have been done, it seems to everyone that the United States is already supporting Ukraine so much that it has to reduce the support that the United States provides a little.