THE REAL Final Exam Preparation at Santiago High School

At Santiago High School, December 3-9th is the week before finals. Typically, High school students use this week to study for upcoming finals. This year (2023), some students of various grade levels ranging from first-year students (9) to seniors (12) were asked how many finals they have and how they are preparing (or how they plan to prepare) for them.

SPC : Final Exams : Fall 2021 | Alamo Colleges

These were the responses gathered by students;

“This year I have six finals, and I am studying by getting together with friends.” –Zayna(10)

“I have four finals coming up, and to study, I usually try to study with my friends, but I end up cramming in a lot of studying right before the test.” –Solae(10)

“I have six finals, and to study, I usually stay up all night long and just redo my review problems.” –Kacey(10)

“I have a final in all of my classes, so I have six finals, and I think I can do well on them based on what I know.”               –Lyndsay(11)

“I have five finals, and I haven’t started studying yet, but I have been going through some reviews and some past notes I have so far.” –Renée(10)

“This year I have for finals, and I have been going through reviews and using flashcards to prepare.” –Xanthi(10)

“I have four finals, and the way I am preparing for them is by quizzing myself on the things we learned before and looking over notes until I understand the topics.” –Michaela(9)

“This year, I have 5 AP classes and one honor, so not all of them have finals, but the way I am preparing is studying over the weekend, getting into study groups, and trying to focus so I can study and go over all of the material properly.” –Eliza(11)

“I have five finals, and the way I am preparing is lowkey procrastinating, but I have so much to get done that I am probably only going to have time the day before.” –Nichole(11)

“I have kind of a lot of finals, but I think that I am going to need to lock in because I need to study as hard as I can.” –Emily(11)

“I have five finals, and to get ready, I am trying to go over what we recently learned and then re-go over the topics I don’t know for about an hour each class, but I feel pretty prepared this time.” –Sara(11)

“I think I have four finals, and I think I just need to study and review.” –Eliate(9)

“I have three finals, and I am going to do and go over all of the study guides I have.” –Bridgette(9)

“I have four finals, and I am just trying to study whenever I have time, and I don’t have a lot of time, but I am studying the best I can.” –Kayla(10)

“I have five finals, and I haven’t started preparing yet.” –Julia(10)

“I have six finals and I am probably not gonna study, to be honest.” –Jaden(11)

“I have three finals, and I am preparing by going to my friend’s houses to ask for help.” –Vivianna(11)

“I have five finals, and I am preparing for them by studying quilts.” –Shelby(10)

“I have five finals, and I am honestly manifesting my grades and hoping everything will work out, so only some of the classes are being studied for at this moment.” –Alyssa(10)

“I have four finals, and I am studying after school with friends to get it done, and I think most of my studying is just like reviewing my notes and writing it down to remember it again.” –Isabel(10)

“I have four or five finals, and I’m not studying for those because the classes are ways, but for the other ones, I am reviewing old notes and quizzes.” –Jay(12)

“I have four finals, but I am not studying for one because it’s just speaking, but for the other three, I have to study so my grade doesn’t go down, and I am just going to review my notes and stuff.” –Elijah(12)

As seen through these responses, most students know how they are studying for upcoming finals and how the amount of finals can vary from student to student.

Home - Santiago High School