The Yemeni Problem
The Yemeni Problem
Kingston Holcomb, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Jaden Meyer, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
NorthWood Space website
TV Actress now a Tech CEO
Anthony Perez, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024

Inside Spring 2024 Rally

Rally
Rally

The Rally is an event students look forward to showcasing dozens of sports and teams throughout the year, including everyone’s favorite hip-hop. They showcased Dance, Stunts, Baseball, Boys’ and Girls’ Lacrosse, Track, Boys’ Volleyball, Softball, Football, Soccer, and Golf. They also presented Boys’ and Girls’ Athletes of the Year. Let’s get onto the Interviews!

What are your expectations for this Rally, and how will it go?
Alina Villela/ STUNT Cheer  9: “I think Hip-Hop will slay like it always does, but I don’t think it’s going to be great.”
Eli Herman 9 – “I like them, but they are very boring and honestly a waste of time.”
Jacob Perez 9- “I think it will be very loud, and dark, and since it’s Beach theme, I hope there will be waves but I do not get the grade things at all. And I think it will suck when I first went; it sucked and rushed the first rally. “
Lucy Philips 9 – “I don’t know, it’s such a hassle to get out of there, and you get stuck. I feel like they should let us go row by row or section by section, but overall, I feel like it’s pretty entertaining.”
Isabel Martinez: “I like the performances and the music, and overall, it’s okay.”

Now that we go through students’ opinions, here are a couple of people who set up the rally!
What goes into the rally, and what is it like?
Rylin Jessamy/ STUNT Cheer  -We put up Strobe lights and themed posters saying, “Freshman, Sophomore, Juniors, and Seniors are better. For the performance, people wear costumes set for the rally’s theme.
Now, with a member of ASB
What was it like setting up? How long did it take? What goes into the creative process of coming up with themes?
Nikko Schiavone – 10  “Usually, setting up can be really fun. The only reason it might be a bit hard is if there is a lack of communication and delegation of jobs to your class committees. It usually takes 3-5 hours to set up for a rally. There is a role in ASB that dials down some rally themes; after they figure it out, they give some ideas for the class to vote on. Once a theme is picked, they get to planning, I am an apprentice, which means I help around the class in whatever I can! I also have the opportunity to learn all the jobs to prepare myself for the future better.”