Is “Ready Player One” coming to Life?

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/06/introducing-apple-vision-pro/

The science fiction movie “Ready Player One” explores a future where people escape the real world by immersing themselves in a virtual reality called the “OASIS.”” While we don’t have a replica of the OASIS, perhaps just yet, advancements in technology like Apple’s new “Apple Vision Pro” could bring humanity closer to that kind of experience.

Apple Vision Pro” is a virtual reality headset that takes the user into a fully immersive digital world, just like in “Ready Player One”. With this technology, anyone can interact with virtual environments, meet people from all over the world, and even play games or watch movies in a new way.

If someone puts on their “Apple Vision Pro” headset, they suddenly find themselves in a virtual world; it could be anything, exploring fantastical landscapes or engaging in epic battles. According to cnet.com, It’s easy to lose track of where you are while using the Apple Vision Pro, which isn’t the best thing about the product. Anyone can have the ability to customize their avatar, just like the characters in the movie, and embark on thrilling adventures with friends or strangers.

In terms of the connection to “Ready Player One,” the concept of a virtual reality world becoming an integral part of our lives is becoming more and more feasible. With technological advancements, we already see virtual reality games, social platforms, and concerts. It’s not hard to imagine a future where virtual reality becomes a mainstream form of entertainment and communication. The movie is wildly exaggerated compared to the “Apple Vision Pro” since it has prompted housing communities to upgrade, and almost everyone has virtual reality devices. Not many people have the “Apple Vision Pro,” and society now is not as bad in those factors as in the movie. 

It’s also important to note that while virtual reality can be exciting and immersive, it’s still just a simulation. It’s maintaining the distance between the digital world and the real world. Always remember to take breaks, connect with people face to face, and engage in activities that promote physical and mental well-being.

Infinium.com describes how “Screens have had detrimental effects on society, evident in increased depression rates and heightened polarization. Regulators worldwide have been quick to impose fines and enact restrictive legislation. Introducing a device that completely disconnects users from real-life social circles may attract additional scrutiny. This could lead to an AR/VR device tax akin to taxes on tobacco or alcohol.” Since “Apple Vision Pro” is a vast and interactive screen, it could hurt society and Kanye’s mental health and well-being.

While we might not have “Apple Vision Pro” or the exact OASIS experience from “Ready Player One” just yet, humanity is moving closer to a more immersive virtual reality future. It’s an exciting time to be alive but also scary since no one can predict what technologies will await us in the coming years.

1
View Comments (1)
$500
$600