Santiago Night Live 3

Santiago Night Live 3

Naomi Boodhoo, Staff Writer

Santiago’s Advanced Theatre Department’s show Santiago Night Live played the weekend of October 20-22, and it was a huge success. The Theatre 3 and 4 students wrote and acted out the entire show, and theatre teacher Ms. Beyer directed it. The show was a parody of famous Saturday Night Live. It was witty, well-executed, and innovative.

The show, again, was written by the theatre students, which was very impressive. An advanced theatre student, Ruby Blakesleay (11), describes, “It was so much fun when we got to write our scripts in the beginning of the school year; I got to work with my friends, actually I wrote some scenes alone too. One of the scenes I wrote alone even made it into the show, so it’s pretty cute seeing other people acting out what I wrote!” It was awesome to watch the show and know that none of the material existed before our own Sharks wrote it. Some of the favorite scenes were the “Awkward Opening Monologue”, “Making Fun of Dance Moves”, “Making Fun of Auditions”, and “‘Musical’ from “Something Rotten“, to name a few. All of the scenes, however, were clever and well thought-out.

The students performing in this production are in Advanced Theatre, which means they have taken many theatre classes throughout their time at Santiago, and it definitely showed. The actors and actresses were very professional and did amazing. The best part is this is something they really love to do. Kathleen Chavez (12) describes acting as a “really indescribable feeling, because every time I’m on stage and I get to share it with all my friends is always a blessing because it’s so much fun.”

Santiago Night Live was an amazing show; the actors did great, props and costumes were implemented effectively, and the best part was it was all written by our own Sharks! This year’s showings are over, but we can only hope there will be a SNL4 next year!