Holiday Winter Concert Announcement

Holiday Winter Concert Announcement

Gwendolyn, Staff Writer

There is an abundance of talented gifted students at Santiago High School who are in Choir. These students are very skilled and express themselves by singing. In this class, students practice for festivals and concerts throughout the year. Festivals and concerts are held in preparation for competitions that take place in Spring leading up to Nationals. The choir program fundraises by selling candy and using an online website called Snap. During the holidays, Madrigals sing in the community and receive donations. Some events in the community include: holiday parties, the local rotary club, and the local church.

Choirs next concert is coming up fast! On December 8th, there will be a Holiday Winter Concert in the theater. Planning for a concert takes about 12 weeks to be fully prepared. Mrs. Garrett, the choir instructor, puts in a tremendous amount of time and dedication before the show. First, she selects music, then practices with all of the students. The groups in choir are Madrigals, Girls Concert Choir, Boys Concert Choir, Baritone, Treble Acapella and Treble Ensemble. There are different days and times scheduled for each group of students to come in for practice. On Thursday afternoons, the instructor works with Madrigals, and Treble Acapella group during office hours. Ms. Garrett reviews the songs and helps other students fix their mistakes in regard to tempo and pitch. Students practice at school for five hours and are also required to practice at home. During the concert, Madrigals will be singing “People Know”, “O’ Come All Ye Faithful”, “Carol The Bells”, and “Have Yourself a Little Merry Christmas”. Girls concert choir will sing “Happy Holidays”, “White Christmas”, “Santa Baby”, finishing with “Sleigh Ride” with the Boys concert choir. After those individuals perform all 155 kids sing “Light a Candle” with a featured solo by Daniel Galo and Samuel Carlson. “Light A Candle” is a beautiful song that talks about the beauty of seasons. Then the girls in the acapella group sing “Just the Way You Are” and “Just a Dream” from Perfect Pitch. Students then perform their amazing solos in front of the audience. The last song will be “O’ Come All Ye Faithful” performed by Melanie Jordan (12) and Zach Delgado (12). The concert is from 7:30pm to 9:30pm and tickets are sold for eight dollars if you have an ASB card and without an ASB card tickets are ten dollars. So, make sure you come to this phenomenal extraordinary concert and get ready to listen to a group of angels!