Rick And Morty Season 3 Premiere

Adrian Garcia, Staff Editor

Many fans of the hit sci-fi show Rick and Morty were pleasantly surprised with the unexpected release of the first episode of their third season. The episode took many by surprise as it aired originally as streaming only on the Adult Swim website. It aired on repeat during what was supposed to be a marathon for the show. When the new episode aired it played on repeat for days on the Adult Swim website which delighted many die-hard fans who wanted to rewatch the newest episode.
The premiere episode starts off very quickly with Rick escaping imprisonment from the Galactic Federation, and even some of Ricks oh so mysterious past is revealed. Rick manages to escape from prison, track down his grandchildren who were captured by the Citadel of Ricks, overthrow the entire galactic government, return home and regain control of the family that once shunned him. Overall the show did not disappoint its fans who waited for months to see their favorite sci-fi goofs back to their old hijinks. It’s very obvious that the creators of the show have a fierce dedication to their show which can be seen through the amazing detail in lore, and detail in the plot as well as every joke.

The show also sparked new flames as it resurrected the memory of a special promotional dipping sauce from McDonald’s in 1998. The sauce was called “Szechuan Sauce” and was described by the protagonist of the show Rick as amazing. The new mentioning of this sauce has sparked much more new interest in bringing it back, as a matter of fact even new petitions are being formed to try to convince McDonald’s to bring back the so beloved sauce.