After Everything Review

After Everything Review
m.media

The After series has been highly controversial; you either love or hate them throughout the years. “After Everything” recently went into theatres, and the movie was something.

After Everything: Release date, plot, cast and trailer for After Ever Happy sequel - PopBuzz

The book versus the movie has always been a big thing where if directors change too much
It’s not good about the movie, or they should have kept it to be the original, and more often than not, the books are always better and never fail readers. The movie starts with a flashback from Hardin’s past where he made another bet to take a girl’s innocence, a tale as old as time, just as he did with Tessa, only this time the girl–Natalie–suffered far worse consequences. The book starts off the same way, but after these few scenes, the directors got the book completely wrong. Hardin should have been in town for his mother’s wedding and then ran into Natalie to apologize for everything he’s done. Unlike in the last one, they did not run into each other until this movie.

The entire movie felt rushed as if they did not take their time filming, which is strange
considering that they had years to refilm and re-edit the whole film to make it as accurate as possible.After Everything' official trailer - YouTube

After their reconciliation, they hang out together, which does not happen. In the book, Natalie helps Hardin grow through forgiveness. Eventually, she helps him be better for Tessa, which does happen in the movie, except Natalie does regain those feelings she once had for Hardin, which never happened. Later on in the book, Tessa and Hardin eventually meet after a few years of separation due to Landon’s wedding (Tessa’s best friend and Hardin’s step-brother), and during the best man toast that Hardin had to give, he made numerous analogies about him and Tessa’s love story then she ran off. In the movie, it is less emotional and less intimate when she’s soaking in the speech and then storming off, which suggests a lot since a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words, so a motion film should be worth a million. It seems to be that their chemistry stays strong throughout their many years of filming together, which is rare in the industry because co-stars cannot work with one another, and their chemistry radiates through the screen. At the end of the movie, Hardin quickly proposes to Tessa, and then the movie fast-forwards to a few years later, of them in a house with one daughter and another kid on the way. The book didn’t rush this as much, but while watching the movie, it felt like it was waiting to be over as soon as it started.

Many things did not happen throughout the movie and should not have been included. I loved all their books and films, but this one had poor execution and should have stuck with more details from the book.