Taylor Swift Does It Again

Taylor Swift is this century’s female artist; she has triumphed over millions of other artists with her high numbers of streams and fame in general. She is adored and supported by millions around the world. She is this year’s ¨It Girl¨ one of the most-known singers worldwide.

She has been getting increasingly popular with the more albums she has dropped. Especially with her newly recorded “Taylor’s Version” of her earlier albums. Why, you may ask, has she done this even though her albums have already been recorded and successful? It’s all due to an issue with her manager when she recorded those albums. Scooter Braun, her old manager, wanted to change to a new record company, and he got upset and found a loophole to “legally” own all of her music, taking away the money she should have earned from listeners. She didn’t pay the money, so she re-recorded her albums, starting with ¨Fearless¨; anything after Lover is “considered his.”                            

Fans have been going wild over her songs and counting down the hours for each release, with Swift being a mastermind with PR. Everyone has been counting down the days for their favorite album to be re-recorded.

1989 (Taylors Version)

Swift has just recently re-recorded her 1989 album, making it her fourth re-recorded album, and it is booming. She has currently reached the top-selling album in America for 2023 under the week of the release and reached the Billboard 200. Along with surpassing her sales from her 2014 album, she is currently making her album the first “Taylor’s Version” to net a more significant debut than the original.

Thanks to this album, she has been the first artist to score six No. 1 album debuts with over one million ever sold in music history. The more re-recording she has released, the more famous and quicker these albums sell out.

Speak Now (Taylors Version)

This is the third re-recorded album, which no longer suppresses the original screaming number. 

Although her Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) album did not leave as large of a mark as the 1989 album, its comparison to the original is unique and has earned over 575,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in its first four days of release. Both have been the albums of the year, gaining plenty of traction from Swifties.

Not to mention the popularity she has gained from her eras of touring worldwide, causing stadiums to sell out and making it nearly impossible to attain tickets to the tour. Although she still has quite a few more albums left to hit on that list, including Fearless (Taylor’s Version), Red (Taylor’s Version), and Reputation (Taylor’s Version). I am personally excited to hear more from Taylor and know her work is going to be unique, especially from herself:

“One thing about this album that’s special to me is that it’s the first one that I will own of my work,” Swift said to a roaring crowd.