Grammy Nominations 2024

The Grammys have been airing since 1959. The award show has been known to be the most prestigious music awards show to air on live TV. The upcoming awards will have 94 different categories. This year’s nominees include SZA, Lana Del Rey, Olivia Rodrigo, Boygenius, Jon Batiste, and many other artists and bands.2024 Grammy nominations – The Chant Their categories include Album of the Year, Record of the Year, Song of the Year, New Artist, etc. The artists running for Album of the Year are Janelle Monae, boy genius, Lana Del Rey, SZA, Olivia Rodrigo, Jon Batiste, Taylor Swift, and Miley Cyrus. I think SZA, Lana, or Boygenius should win because they had the most cohesive albums and deserve more recognition in the music industry. Although it will most likely go to Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus, I believe that most of their music is very overrated, and other artists are more deserving of some of the recognition they have.

For Record of the Year, Billie Eilish and FINNEAS, Victoria Monet, SZA,  Olivia Rodrigo, boygenius, Jon Batiste, Miley Cyrus, and Taylor Swift. Last year, Lizzo won with “About Damn Time” for the category. To me, Steve Lacy should have won with “Bad Habit.” I want boygenius’ “Not Strong Enough” to win this year because it is a very award-worthy song, and I think boygenius deserves it. For Best New Artist, the nominees are Gracie Abrams, Ice Spice, Coco Jones, Victoria Monet, Noah Kahan, and others. In my opinion, it should be between Gracie Abrams and Ice Spice because they both work very hard on their music and have a lot of potential in the music industry. My favorite category is the Best Rap Album category. The nominations are Her Loss by Drake and 21 Savage, Utopia by Travis Scott, Heros & Villians by Metro Boomin, King’s Disease III by Nas, and Micheal by Killer Mike. It is definitely between Her Loss, Utopia, and Heros & Villians. Drake should get it because Her Loss is a very influential and different album and deserves an award. It would be great if Travis or Metro had that opportunity to win, too. The category most people divided is the Best Pop Duo/ Group Performance.

The nominees are Candy Necklace by Lana Del Rey and Jon Batiste, Ghost in the Machine by SZA and Pheobe Bridgers, Never Felt So Alone by Billie Eilish and Labrinth, Thousand Miles by Miley Cyrus and Miles Kane, and Karma by Ice Spice and Taylor Swift. I believe Lana Del Rey or SZA should receive this award. Both of their songs are so different from anything I’ve ever heard before, and I feel like if they won, it would open up a lot of leeway for people with a similar sound to be as big as they are. 2024 Grammy nominations: What you need to know