Selena and Benny

As everyone knows, Selena Gomez’s most famous and popular relationship was with Justin Bieber, but this was many years ago. She has had her independence and has been single for a long time, but has finally found somebody! But how are people reacting?Selena Gomez appears to confirm she's dating music producer Benny Blanco - NZ Herald

It all started months ago when people started creating rumors that Benny Blanco and Selena Gomez had been linking up, and people had podcasts and even wanted it to be true, thinking it could’ve been happening. Some other people had different things to say, like how Selena had downgraded from her exes, such as Abel (The Weeknd) and Justin Bieber. Many people had mixed emotions and were being pretty harsh with the situation. Selena wanted to keep it private until it was time to release the truth, which was that she and Benny were together.

Selena had finally introduced everyone to her “Pillar of Strength,” Benny. She decided to pop the news with a picture of the two together on Instagram with the added comment, “he is my absolute everything in my heart.” after being privately together for 6 months, many of her fans shared their thoughts. 

Her fans decided to respond to her comments saying that Benny had cursed her, which was regarding the beef that they somewhat had in 2020 when Benny was having issues with Charlie Puth and involved/called out Selena (calling her a cookie-cutter pop artist), so her fans were looking out for her because of the disrespect in the past that he had shown her. They called her corny and said he had been shading her years ago, so there is no reason for her to call him her everything after only six months and after the disrespect and unnecessary involvement in his issues with Charlie. 

So, regarding that whole incident, many of her fans also believe Benny is not good enough for Selena as he is immature and has been involved in many controversies. Someone on Twitter had even tweeted asking why people hated him so much, and many people responded by saying he is ugly, he seems like a Satanist, and that she is out of his league.

You would think that Selena would be heated with the public being involved in her relationship, especially since her fans are the ones who are being excessively harsh. Some might say selfish, but she didn’t have much to say other than “Facts” to a post stating that she was in a relationship, and she later posted a tweet saying, “I don’t understand. If you care about me, this is my happiest. If you don’t, feel free to say whatever you want. But I will never allow your words to guide my life. Ever. I’m done. If you can’t accept me at my happiest, don’t be in my life.” So, it seems that Selena does not care what people think about her relationship and will continue to do so.

Are people maybe being too harsh, though? What are your thoughts?

1
View Comments (1)
$500
$600