The Yemeni Problem
The Yemeni Problem
Kingston Holcomb, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Cole Brings Plenty Dead
Jaden Meyer, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024
NorthWood Space website
TV Actress now a Tech CEO
Anthony Perez, Staff Writer • May 22, 2024

Was the 2000s Better than Now?

The 2000s was a very impactful era for anyone worldwide since technology wasn’t as modern as it is now, the Apple business barely existed, and the style used to be very bling-inspired, etc. Even some who weren’t born in that time are inspired by the 2000s style—some might say Y2K. Technology is also a huge factor since so much has changed since the 2000s.

Since technology is an everyday need in everyone’s lives now, it’s tough to go a day without a phone or any form of online communication. Technology has come a long way since the 2000s. You can always hear anyone mentioning how bad the Wi-Fi could be or how slow their phone was working, but in the 2000s, However, it was only about 20 years ago, there was barely wifi or internet, which is fascinating because of how much technology has improved in 20 years. Fashionhistorytimeline.edu explains how fashion looked to the future as technology began seeing the rapid development that would lead to the widespread use of smartphones and social media by the end of the decade since the internet was invented in the 1970s to connect laboratories involved in government research.

It was in the late 90s that the general public took to the internet en masse. While the .com invention of the late 90s may have been a costly and unsuccessful attempt for many investors, it set in place the infrastructure that was ready for the insane growth seen in the past 20 years. (moneypenny.com)It is not just technology devices but also the rise and fall of social media platforms, like Myspace and Vine, and new platforms like TikTok and Snapchat. Since artificial intelligence has become more prevalent, there are new ways to search for things like Alexa and Siri. Now that online shopping is used more, no one goes out as much to buy clothes from malls, and many malls have been closing due to this new trend or hobby of online shopping. There are many examples of new technology use compared to old technology use.

Aside from the technological point of the 2000s, the style is one of the most popular intakes of the era. Bedazzled jeans, cargo pants, statement belts, tracksuits, bolero tops, baguette bags, and so much more were insanely popular then. Graphics were a huge component to having style, like graphic ed hardy shirts or embroidered pants. Another huge component of fashion back in the 2000s was celebrities and their influence on clothes. Every girl wanted to be Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, or Jessica Alba. Those were the main celebrities known for their alternative, or maybe even mainstream fashion at the time, because of its popularity. It was not even just celebrities that were the inspiration, it was also pop culture. TV shows like “The Simple Life” and “The Hills” showcased the glamorous lifstyles of young socialites. The fashion industry looked to the past for inspiration, with a revival of 70s and 80s trends.