Key Club

Key Club

Cassandra Semaan, Staff Writer

One of the most beneficial and fun groups available here on Santiago’s campus. Composed of an amazing group of students and administrators, this group offers volunteer opportunities, community service hours, and fun! The current leaders as of 2016 are Iris Kim (president), Kayla Park (vice president), Ethan Lee (secretary), Jennifer Truong (treasurer), Peter No (editor), and Jordyn Ho (editor). Almost every weekend students have the chance to meet up with friends and visit places where they assist with school, town, and community services. Members are welcome to join anytime in the year, and are encouraged to attend short meetings where the group discusses upcoming events, projects, and more! Membership fees are $20, and they include a t-shirt, designed by the group earlier this year, and a membership card. Meetings are usually on Wednesdays, but can take place any day and are announced over the intercom before the end of school. They are normally after school, and range from 30 minutes to 1 hour. Community service hours do go onto your student records and look amazing on college apps. Some of their fundraisers have started up around the school, such as their UNICEF trick-or-treat boxes. They have also begun service opportunities like Lake Elsinore Run, Mission Inn Run, Bingo Night at CHIS, and they attended in the last rally, and will be in the Fall Rally coming up soon! Volunteer hours spent helping make posters for upcoming events, rallies, or key club events are awarded with community service hours, and placed on your record. You are given a volunteer hour log, and signatures are handed out after the work is completed. All students are welcome to the group, every age group and grade, and all contributions are appreciated!