Sharks? Why’d It Have To Be Sharks?- Fall Rally 2017

Kaitlyn Glass, Editor in Chief

ASB strikes again with another fall sports rally which couldn’t have been more of a success. Students were anxious to see how they would pull off the Indiana Jones: Raider of the Lost Shark theme, but all worries were pushed aside once they walked through the doors of the gym. Each section was decorated in clever phrases and the traditional class color that the student committees work hard on.

Band kicked off the spirit as they do every rally and once again, didn’t fail to impress. Theatre’s Rocco Novello (12) hosted the rally as none other than Indiana Jones, boulders and all. KGGI’s weekend DJ Nick Nack pumped everyone up by controlling the music and announcing that he is Santiago’s Homecoming DJ this year and he hopes to switch this year’s dance up a little bit. Speaking of Homecoming, the theme Journey to Mount Olympus was also announced along with the spirit week themes. The dance will take place Saturday, October 7th in the school’s gym and spirit week will take place from October 1st to 6th.

In honor of fall sports, football, girl’s golf, girl’s volleyball, boy’s water-polo, and girl’s tennis updated the students on their recent achievements and announced their upcoming games. Color guard stepped up their game this year, performing so well that they got a bigger round of applause than both Hip Hop and Dance. Not to say that either team was bad. Both Hip Hop and Dance brought their game to the floor with new themed routines and did absolutely incredible in their performances. Cheer introduced some new moves and wowed the students with their improved performance. Just like every other rally, there was one huge surprise for the attendees: this year was a snake charmer. She even got both Mr. Bond and Mr. Samson to wear the snake on their necks and do a little dance for the students. After each rally, there was an opportunity for the students to do a photo-op behind the jeep with the snake and it’s charmer.