Discourse Due to the Eyes in the New “fnaf” Movie

The new ¨Five Nights at Freddy’s ¨ movie, or “fnaf” for short, has stirred up much controversy within the fandom. The film is to be released this year on the 27th of October. The recent discourse is due to the color of the animatronics eyes. Many people were excited to see their favorite childhood game be turned into a movie. Still, these same people were extremely disappointed that the creators did not give the characters black eyes with white pupils like in the classic fnaf games. There have been two types of people among the fnaf fandom defending the red eyes: those who do it out of pure preference and those who know the lore behind the eyes. There have been countless online fights between those who believe the animatronics’ eyes should stay red and others who feel the white eyes would look better in the movie posters. But many of the people who prefer the white eyes don’t know that there is a meaning to why the movie’s creators chose to give the animatronics red eyes for the cover.

Glamrock Freddy and the rest of the major animatronics are possessed | FandomOne of the main reasons people are angry at this decision is because there are no red eyes in any of the official fnaf games; this caused many people to think it was a preferred choice by the creators that had no reason or significance to the story. In reality, one of the fnaf books called “Five Nights at Freddy’s: The Silver Eyes” has a clue that is revealed in a quote: “His eyes were illuminated, their piercing red glow consumed the space around him.” This quote states that William Afton (A fictional character and one of the fnaf founders who becomes one of the antagonists) can control the animatronics, and the way we identify when he is doing this is through the color of the animatronics eyes being red. This also explains why the animatronics in the official movie trailers are chasing the children. This is unusual and needs to be pointed out because the animatronics only pursue adults and security guards in the games and never any children. That is because the animatronics are not precisely conscious; children possess them. You can tell this is the case when the animatronics eyes are black with a white pupil. When the children’s souls in the animatronics are freed, the eyes are turned entirely black; this is displayed in one of the possible endings for fnaf 3.

In short, much of the discussion due to the red eye color in the ¨Five Nights at Freddy’s ¨ movie was a clever choice made by the creators who put a lot of thought into the movie’s meaning and how it correlates with the official games and overall lore. Although there are still many people who are upset with the eye color of the animatronics not being white, many other people in the fnaf fandom will be able to enjoy the movie as much as they’ve enjoyed the games because of this choice.